APP’s Training and Development Programme is tailored to suit the needs of our staff, service lines and industries; it is a layered set of offerings designed to enhance professional skills.
The foundation course is the Project Management Development Programme (PMDP). This is supplemented by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme, additional training modules and industry updates which respond to the specific needs of our staff. Training is delivered by senior APP staff, external accredited training agencies and experts from industry. More details:
- PMDP: a three-day, workshop style seminar covering the theory and practice of project management; based on PM BOK; with real case study examples.
- CPD Programme. Topics include:
- Presentation Skills
- Independent Verification
- Contract Administration
- Cost Management
- Design Management
- Project Governance and Reporting
- Technical training modules. Topics includes:
- Green Star
- Software Skills
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Industry Updates. Provides staff with industry updates on topical issues:
- Security of Payments
- Technical Issues
- Building Issues
- Changes to OH&S Legislation
- Changes to Planning Legislation
All staff participate and are encouraged to share their knowledge across the organisation. The APP Training and Development Programme is seen as a significant point of difference by our clients and by prospective employees. It contributes to our culture of continuous improvement and is an important mechanism to promote cross-divisional and inter-office communications.