APP, together with Arcadis, has been appointed as Independent Certifier for the third stage of NorthLink WA. The northern section of the project will involve design and construction from Ellenbrook to Muchea. This continues APP’s engagement as Independent Certifier for NorthLink WA southern and central sections. APP, with Arcadis was appointed as Independent Certifier for NorthLink WA southern section while APP was appointed with SMEC as Independent Certifier for NorthLink WA central section.
NorthLink WA is a significant road initiative that has a value of approximately $1.12billion jointly funded by the Federal and State Governments, and is the largest project ever undertaken by Main Roads WA.
NorthLink WA will link to Gateway WA and service regional traffic movements to commercial and industrial areas such as Malaga, Kewdale, Perth CBD and Perth Airport with the aim of providing state-of-the-art transport links that will significantly reduce congestion and travel times. Once all sections are completed, NorthLink WA will:
- Provide a non-stop transport route between Morley and Muchea;
- Increase road capacity to improve journey times and productivity;
- Improve amenity in local communities by reducing congestion on local roads;
- Save lives by eliminating four of the State’s top 15 most dangerous intersections; and
- Improve amenity in the Swan Valley for residents and the 600,000 tourists who visit the area each year.
The NorthLink WA northern section is targeted to commence in early April 2017.