Brisbane’s tallest building
The Queensland government is implementing a city-wide strategy to reinvigorate Brisbane’s administration precinct and make space for the new Queens Wharf.
As part of this strategy, the State engaged CBUS Property to develop a 43-level office tower at 1 William Street.
The building was completed in October 2016, and is now Brisbane’s tallest and largest commercial building. It houses a number of the Queensland government’s departments.
Expert project management
Recognising our expertise in project delivery and quality management, the State appointed APP as their audit project manager, with responsibility for the delivery and auditing of both the base building and the integrated fit-out.
Our role included:
- Managing and coordinating the audit design team
- Leading and managing communication between the State, the tenants, the developer and all consultants and contractors
- Project quality management
- Specialist Programming
We supported the State throughout the delivery and transition phases of the project, providing a full scope of project management and project audit services.
At each stage we communicated closely with all stakeholders, monitoring and adapting to their changing requirements.
We added particular value through:
- Liaising with various agencies and departments to help them develop their requirements for the integrated fit-out
- Coordinating requirements across agencies
- Delivering specialist programming for individual agencies
- Helping departments to implement their chosen ICT solution
- Ensuring all operational readiness requirements were met.
For a more detailed understanding of this major commercial development, APP's Rob Jackson has written a full retrospective on 1William Street.