Unlocking significant value
A large landowner in Western Sydney was looking to unlock the potential value of their property, which was strategically located in the northwest growth centre.
The client sought expert help from APP to undertake the rezoning of the 250-hectare land parcel, which included an operational landfill, and then deliver the development.
Strategic planning to successful delivery
APP was initially engaged to provide strategic advice, including a ‘highest and best use’ land capability study for the site. Over the next few years we successfully pursued the rezoning, planning and infrastructure approvals.
With approvals in place, we were engaged to manage the site’s redevelopment into industrial and residential parcels for sale to the market. Our delivery team managed all the development works, including:
- Lead-in infrastructure
- External road work
- Open space public domain.
Town planning, commercial and property development expertise
We formed an internal team with the extensive town planning, commercial and property development expertise necessary to:
- Negotiate successfully with all levels of government
- Prepare and manage all government submissions
- Appoint and manage lead-in infrastructure planning and design
- Prepare lead-in infrastructure tender documents
- Manage the development feasibility and financial modelling
- Manage contractors for delivery under VPA with state and local government
We also managed the development works, including defining scope, approvals, tendering and contract management for:
- Reticulation infrastructure
- Subdivision works
- Community and public domain works
Over a ten-year period our planning and property development experts secured a number of state environmental approvals and all the necessary council and state government rezoning and approvals.
Our real-estate team secured more than 21ha in pre-sales from purchasers and tenants, including:
- Bunnings Warehouse
- Lindt & Sprungli
- Swire Cold Storage
- Masters Home Improvements
- Stevens Group (with a lease to Shell)
Our commercial team procured the entire consulting, legal and contracting team necessary to design and deliver the first stage of the Business Park infrastructure and development sites. All sites were delivered on time for the purchasers and tenants to commence their own developments.
We advised the client on:
- Structuring of lease and turn-key projects
- Finance applications and project valuations.
We managed the public relations consultant, budgets, strategy and production of material.
Today Sydney Business Park is a fully integrated, world-class master-planned commercial, industrial, and retail precinct.